Application for Plot Allotment
With a view to accelerate the pace of growth of Industry in the State, The Government of Punjab is providing land to the IT/ Knowledge Industry on 99 years lease basis as per the prevailing Land Allotment Policy of the Punjab Government. Under the prevailing Land Allotment Policy, 2008, plots are allotted under General Scheme and under Land Allotment Policy, 2013 for plots allotted under off-the-shelf-scheme.
In General Scheme the plots are allotted through advertisement in the Newspaper by the Estate Development Agency. Applicants are interviewed by the Sub-Group and their recommendations are placed before the Allotment Committee for the allotment of plot.
In Off- the-Shelf Scheme, the land is allotted keeping in view the viability of proposed project, impact on environment, technology involved, export earning, employment generation, qualification and experience of Entrepreneur and FDI involved in the project. The applications are received by Udyog Sahayak, Department of Industries & Commerce. The scrutinized applications are forwarded to the Sub-Committee. The Sub-Committee will place the recommendations to the Principal Secretary Industries & Commerce or Allotment Committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary depending upon the size of the Plot.
Steps for Plot Application
- A bank draft for the amount of 10% / 20% of the tentative price of the plot as the case may be.
- Attested copy of the registered partnership deed/Memorandum and Articles of Association/Bye Laws.
- In case of existing units, an attested copy of the last three year balance sheet.
- Copy of the complete/detailed project report.
- Relevant documentary evidence/attested affidavits in token of NRI/BC/SC etc.
- An affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of required amount duly attested by a Ist Class Magistrate to the effect that no plot/shed has been allotted earlier to the applicant or to any other member of his family.
Click here to download the Land Allotment Policy 2008 and 2013
For more information, please refer to the relevant sections of Estate Management Manual